Thursday 4 June 2020

Wargaming via WhatsApp and tiny little tanks

Hello again. I have managed to get a wargame in, although it was on my phone rather than in person. My mate Nathan , aka Stumpy, set up a 28mm Napoleonic game using the newly released Vitoria scenario book for General d'Armee.

Nathan just about managed to put together enough figures to play the game........just kidding, he's got so many Napoleonic figures he can probably redo Waterloo on his own.  I had the Allied force while he took his French out. I won't go into any detail as part 1 is on his blog and part 2 will be up soon, hopefully. It was very enjoyable, even if it did break Nathan with all his running about moving everything for both sides. It took 3 sessions to finish as the poor old fella was having to do everything except roll my dice for me. The scenario is interesting, with the Allies attacking a nearly equal sized force but having better, potentially, command.

My force was 11 regiments strong, including 4 veterans and only 1 reservists, with 1 battery and 14 bases of skirmishers. Of these 1 brigade of 3 regiments was in reserve until turn 5.. The French also had 11 regiments, only 1 veteran and 4 reservists. They also had 1 battery and 12 skirmishers, but the 4 reservists were all in reserve until Nathan had an adverse result on a Brigade morale roll. The game is also limited to 10 turns, so the Allies have to press on and get in there quickly. So please pop over to Nathans blog and have a look, it was a good battle and it might make him hurry up and post the final part of the battle. A final big shout out to the 8th Cacadores, they gave his French one hell of a beating!

In other news I have put some paint on some lead. It was a struggle, painting them in 10 minute slots every couple of hours to try and prevent the headaches, but they are done. Huge they are, massive even! Yes, I painted up some of my long unpainted 6mm Cold War vehicles for future games of Battlegroup Northag or the Cold War variant of IABSM. Over 100 vehicles, a mix of British, American and French, plus some generic infantry.
Bradleys, some Infantry and mixed British vehicles
 First up is 15 Bradleys, 2 Sultans, 1 Spartan, 1 Fv432, 2 Land Rovers and 20 bases of infantry.
Warriors and Fv432s
 Then 20 Warriors and 24 Fv432 APCs for the British army.
AMX-30, AMX-10P, AMX-13 and Shanines
Finally some French with 4 AMX-30s, 24 AMX-10Ps, 6 AMX-13 and 2 Shanine SAM vehicles.

I still have some Challengers, Scimitars etc to paint, but I am in no rush as I already have enough of them for any scenario I will do.

So that's the lot for now, I am off to do something more or less productive. Take care folks and keep playing if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment