Saturday 17 May 2014

Zombicide strikes again

A late night again resulted in mucho painting getting done.  The medical type I see at the local surgery has put me on yet another tablet to replace the "help you to sleep" tablet that doesn't bloody work.  The bad news is I have to wait for a couple of weeks before I can take the new "Wonder" pill, as in "wonder if it will bloody work".  This means that sleep is something other people get to have will I sit up and mooch about. So on Thursday night I managed 2 hours sleep between 4ish and just after 6. Tina made damn sure that I didn't go to sleep through the day yesterday and I was so knackered last night that I was in bed by 11pm, but still didn't get to sleep until gone 1am.  Then guess who was wide awake at 5am?  So in the last 2 nights I have had 6 hours sleep, but surprisingly I don't feel too bad at the moment. 

The good news is being up until 4am allowed me to get a fair bit of painting done.  Admittedly I also sat and watched a film, played a couple of games and generally wasted a fair bit of time, but I did get some paint on leadplastic.  I didn't paint what I was supposed to paint, instead I painted the 18 Zombicide figures I had to do.  So, for your delectation here they are.
Zombies from the original game box
 First up are 8 assorted zombies from the original, Zombicide box.  Nice enough figures, painted up now ready for Monday night.
Anthony "Achille" Hopkins
 First of the Survivor/Zombivore pairs is Achille the Serial Killer, obviously based on Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs.  A nice figure, the survivor actually has a pistol hidden behind his back as well as the nightstick.
Woody "Ralph" Harrelson
Then we have Ralph the Cowboy, based on Woody Harrelson as "Tallahassee" in Zombieland. Another nice figure, if a bit stationary in the survivor pose.
Nicholas "Mack" Cage
Third is Mack the car salesman with his trusty khukuris!  To be honest I have never ever seen a car salesman with khukuris, but it is a reasonable weapon to find.  I personally know where there are a pair of khukuris on a wall, so if the zombies do appear around here I will be fine.  Anyway, back to the figure.  It is based on Nicholas Cages "Cameron Poe" character in Con-Air, although he seems to be leaning away from danger here.
Bridget "Thaissa" Fonda
Penultimate figures are Thaissa the entrepreneur, apparently based on Bridget Fonda in some film I haven't seen.  I don't know if that is so, but its a reasonable figure.  I am not sure that a floor length ball gown is ideal apparel for fighting zombies but some standards should be kept I suppose. 
Sean "Rob" Connery
 Finally we have my favourite of these figures.  Rob the Security Expert, based on Sean Connery's John Mason role in The Rock.  I really like this figure, it painted up nicely and seems to look more like it's human counterpart than the others.  He also looks ready for anything with his twin SMGs.

Anyway, there they are.  I am off now to do something less interesting so have fun and keep rolling those dice.


No comments:

Post a Comment