Monday 10 March 2014

March on.....

This year is flying by, it's hard to believe that it's already March.  February has gone, thankfully, so hopefully March will be better.  I didn't get much painted as I have felt pretty crap for most of the month.  The doc has changed some of my meds and the period between finishing one lot and starting the new ones has been less than pleasant.  I have not slept well since this all started, but now I seem to have insomnia to add to it all.  Ah well, life goes on as they say.  Keep smiling and don't let the buggers get you down.

I have painted a few things, some ACW Union infantry and some Crusader Miniatures Republican Romans.  I also rebased my old ACW Union figures to match the new Union troops.
Peter Pig ACW Union Infantry and Artillery
Rebased Peter Pig ACW Yankees
Crusader Miniatures Hastati
Crusader Miniatures Velites
 Gaming has suffered a bit, but I have managed to get along on Monday nights.  It does mean Tuesday and Wednesday are bad days, but it's worth it to get some gaming in.  We have played a nice Sudan game for the last couple of weeks, set up by Nathan and using the Too Fat Lardies "They Don't Like It Up 'Em" rules.  Despite the best efforts of the righteous Sudanese tribes, the Imperialist dogs won the day.  Their losses were heavy though, with Colonel P.F Bunny getting a spear through his chest as he stood with the last few Guards.  A massed charge broke the Egyptian square and the Sudanese carried off the Egyptian cannons.  All in all it was a pretty good game and was a precursor to the game Nathan put on at the Devon Wargames meet last Saturday, more of which in my next post.

Tonight I shall mostly be playing Chain of Command against Colin while the other reprobates go upstairs and play Zombicide.  I am off now to try and find my painting Mojo again, it seems to have left with my ability to sleep for anything over 4 hours.  Keep rolling those dice.

4 comments:

  1. Like the ACW stuff - what a surprise!

    Had a not dissimilar year on the health front and with the speed time seems to be shooting past so you've got my sympathies there mate.

    Of course for you there was also Saturday's match . . .

    ;O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your feeling better mate, and at least we beat the French!

      Delete
  2. Hey J, love the Romans, very nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jon, eventually there will be a whole lot more painted up. Proper Romans too, not those girly Imperial Romans. ;-)

      Delete