Sunday 18 August 2013

Apologies and what I have bought.

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, but I have had a pretty bad month.  Despite the best efforts of my wife and various doctors I am still feeling like crap, so crap in fact that I even missed several opportunities to do any gaming.  After having a stern word with myself (and a bit of earache from Tina), I am doing my best to stay positive.  No matter how bad your day/week/month is, there is always someone worse off than you are.

Painting has taken a hit as I just lacked any form of motivation to do anything.  I have turned over a new leaf today though and am about to start another unit of CGM Napoleonic French for my brother-in-law's ever expanding army.  Nice enough figures, but I still find Napoleonics a chore to do.  I have managed to paint up some 15mm WW2 vehicles, but they are just green.  I have 8 British Shermans for ebay and an assortment of US armour for my Chain of Command/Battlegroup Overlord force.  Pictures in the next post.

Speaking of Chain of Command, the countdown has commenced and money has been spent.  Release day is fast approaching(3 days to go) and I should hopefully have the new rulebook in my hot little hand by the end of next week.  If you like WW2 skirmish games and fancy something different then I can recommend Chain of Command, even if you have to do it in 25mm instead of the correct 15mm.

I also splashed out a bit of cash and bought The Wargaming Compendium by Henry Hyde.  I have been most impressed with it and recommend it to you as a good book to add to your collection.  No figures were bought, but I did buy a couple of boxes of 15mm US vehicles from the Plastic Soldier Company to give my US infantry some armoured support.  Again, pictures in the next post.

Right, that's it, I will be posting occasionally again and I can only apologise for the lay off period.

Keep rolling those dice, eventually you will hit something!

2 comments:

  1. Jason, great to hear things are moving int the right direction. Our best wishes are very much with you, Sir. Sounds like you've had a rotten time, but the best news is that you're sticking with it. Here's hoping things are getting back to normal - thinking of you, mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sidney, Thanks for the kind words. I'm being more positive and looking ahead, so its all hands to the pumps and sod the doctors. :)

      Delete