Wednesday 7 May 2014

Productive sleep?

Well, when I should have been asleep anyway.  I finally got to sleep sometime between 4 and 5 this morning.  The net result of which was I had to put of a friends visit and I have felt rather like a zombie for the majority of the day.  Apologies Charles, I'll give you a call tomorrow.

The good news was I got some things painted and have finished the basing this afternoon.  I now have some jump off points for the British finished, just need to do some for the Americans, then the French, then some Italian ones...........  The list goes on and on. :-)  I also got some British trucks done, they have been sat in a drawer for a few years now so it's nice to see them painted up.  they will be useful for any Battlegroup games I play as either transport or supply vehicles.

 So here are the jump off points.  The two at the back are Baueda scenics, one an ammo dump and the other is more general supplies.  The front two are British, a White Scout Car (which needs another passenger added, but I don't have any suitable figure at the moment) and a quartet of captured Germans being marched past a Universal Carrier.  The Scout Car will also be used as a command vehicle for my Battlegroup Overlord British force.  I do need another British one, but I don't know what to do for it.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.


And here are the trucks, one piece resin castings from Battlefront, a quick paintjob and there they are, ready to go.  I actually spent longer doing the windows than I did the rest of the vehicle, but I don't think that they look too bad.

Next up will be some 28mm Winter War Russians (20 of) and some 15mm Napoleonic British.  At least that's the plan, unless I get an itch to do some US jump off points, or come up with an idea for a third British one.

I will also make use of some of these newly painted bits on Saturday at the Devon Wargames meet, where I am putting on a 15mm WW2 game for a couple of members to play.

Well, that's it, another short post and I am off now to grab some dinner.  Hopefully I'll sleep tonight, I should do as I only got about 3 hours last night.  Ah well, keep smiling and keep rolling those dice.

2 comments:

  1. Well done, love the bases and the paint work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's surprising but they came out pretty well.

      Delete