A third post in 3 days! Sorry if it's annoying, but if I don't put it down now I'll forget what happened. Nathan did come over yesterday and we had a small game of CoWaCoC(stupid name 'innit!). By small I mean a small table, only 4' square, and a basic platoon with an under armoured vehicle each.
My Russians went first and promptly got 3 phases in a row. I managed to bring on 2 squads, one on each side of the table, plus my left flank was supported by a BMP-1.
All in all it played well. We both enjoyed it and it did it's job as a first playtest by showing that I needed to change a few things. The armour ratings of vehicles have gone up a bit, which means that light armour is still very fragile, but it might survive if hit. Also, I am going to try making assault rifles 2 dice instead of 3 within 18". I still gives the russians a firepower advantage at close range, but not 3 to 1. I am also playing about with a support list, so that should be up soon. All in all it was a succesful game and we will do another one soon.
I have spent today sorting out Gus' 6mm Napoleonics to put on eBay over the weekend. There are thousands of the little buggers, over 3800 infantry figures! Sadly 99.9% are unpainted as it was Gus' retirement plan to paint them all. Anyway, off now to do something less productive. Keep rolling those dice folks, you'll get a 6 eventually.
Back to the Brushes 137 - Some work in progress on the 15mm Arab spearmen shown below front and rear. The first set are before the base wash for tone and the second set are after th...
2 hours ago