Sunday 24 January 2021

More Wars of the Roses

 January is rapidly passing and I have finally got some more painting done. No gaming except online, but staying in is the least I can do during this pandemic.

Anyway, painting. Firstly I made and painted up some stakes for my archers to hide behind use when enemy cavalry threaten. Just toothpicks cut to size, hot glued to a spare plastic base and then painted and based. I think they will do the trick when I finally do get some gaming in and they have the added bonus of being cheap.

Ten bases of stakes


Now onto the figures. All these are plastic Perrys Miniatures figures. Firstly some mounted archers, an 8 man unit for Never Mind the Billhooks. A light horse unit which has the option to dismount as a skirmish archer unit, at least they will do once I paint some figures up for them.
8 Mounted Archers

Then some Hobilars, 8 light cavalry again but with spears this time. 
Hobilars

Finally some mounted Men-at-Arms, again 8 strong and much heavier armoured than the others. 
Mounted Men-at-Arms

That's the lot for now, I am hoping to get some more done soon but real life keeps getting in the way. I have some more mounted MaA to paint, then it's back to the foot troops with some more bows and bills. At some point I will get some crossbows too, but not just yet.

Take care folks, stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment